Saturday, April 16, 2011

What Would You Do?

Suppose you were part of a small group of people in charge of an activity for children ages 3 - 11.

Suppose you had a child who finds pleasure in hiding from you while you are helping to be in charge of said activity.

Suppose child hides with lightening speed and you can't locate him for several minutes.

Suppose this child has special needs and doesn't understand that running into the street is not a good idea.

Suppose that several more minutes go by while you are frantically looking for this child.

Suppose after getting frantic you start crying because you have lost your child and wander through the halls of the church bawling.

Suppose several people saw this and started to help you look for him.

Suppose these people found him in the most likely of places...the egg hunt...because duh! that's the first place you should look.

Suppose you had already looked there twice.

Suppose this caused you to look stupid along with having red eyes from crying.

What would you do?

I have decided to hide in my house and never go to church again.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Then I'm coming over to your house for "home church"!!!

Buchfam said...

I am really sorry, Shannon, you told me Carson had gotten lost, but I didn't realize how scary it was! But if it will help you fell better the same thing happened to me on Friday. Max ran away from Javier and me at Walmart and we were both running through all the isles in the store yelling his name and crying, so, you know, I'm pretty sure you didn't look that stupid. At least all the people at church know that you are a great parent!