Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Love Letters

Awhile back, I read about a lady whose husband would travel to his family's ranch in New Mexico to work, and while he was there she would write letters to him on her blog.  I always thought they were so sweet.  Gary has never had to travel for work (which is such a blessing) but he has just started a new job and left for Houston on Sunday night for a three week training ( he does get to come home on weekends).  While he is gone, I thought I would write him letters on my blog.  We have been explaining to Carson that Daddy was going to Houston for job training and I don't know....I just don't think he's getting it!

Dear Gary,

This was a conversation I had with Carson at 2:30 this morning (that's AM, people!!):

Carson:  Where's Daddy?
Me:  In Houston.
Carson:  Why?
Me:  Why not?!
Carson:  Home soon?
Me:  Yes....he will be home on Friday.  Now GO TO SLEEP!

This was the conversation I had with Carson at 5:30 this morning:

Carson:  Where's Daddy?
Me:  In Houston.
Carson:  Why?
Me:  Why not?!
Carson:  Home soon?
Me:  Yes....he will be home on Friday.  Now GO TO SLEEP!

This was the conversation I had with Carson at 6:00 this morning:

Me:  (Waking him up because their ride hasn't come) Come on Carson, we have to take Jared and Emily to seminary.
Carson:  Noooooo!!  Bus!!  School!!
Me:  We'll come right back and get ready for school.
At this point their ride gets here.
Me:  Grrrrrr!
Carson:  Where's Daddy?
Me:  In Houston.
Carson:  Why?
Me:  Why not?!
Carson:  Home soon?
Me:  Yes....he will be home on Friday.  Now GO TO SLEEP!


Conversation with Carson at 6:30 this morning:

Me:  Carson wake up...it's time to get ready for school.
Carson:  Grumble...roll over...sleep....snore....sleep....snore
Me:  Big heavy martyr sigh....

Guess how I feel about this.

Love you but if you ever leave me you get the kids,

Shanon


This was Gary's reply to me because he is always nice:

You are a saint and will receive a crown of glory for this!!!!  It will be well deserved!
 
Love,
Gary
 
And my reply to him because I am always a ray of sunshine:
 
No....if I were a saint, I would cheerfully hug him and reassure him and explain in great detail why his daddy abandoned....ummmm....had to go off to do training for his new job because he loves us so much and wants to provide for our family.  Then we would cuddle and I would help him to feel safe and secure.
That isn't exactly what happened. #itshardtobecheerfulandlovingat2:30inthemorning
 
Love,
 
YourcrowniscrookedShanon
 
And his saintly reply:
 
You are right. I guess this is the process of "becoming" saints. Which is also the right path to be on:)

Love you,
Gary
Doesn't that just fill your heart with thoughts of love and kindness...maybe even a few butterflies and unicorns?!

3 comments:

Buchfam said...

Yes it does. I love you! You guys are my heroes! I love the love letters! They are so sweet and you are such a good mom! It is fun to hear about your kids! I'm so glad Gary is back now. Hopefully its going better now :)

4 Little Blue Birds said...

Ha! Too funny. I love your crooked crown.

4 Little Blue Birds said...

Ha! Too funny. I love your crooked crown.