Monday, April 7, 2014

How to gross out your family (and possibly a few friends) with very little effort...

Carson went in to go potty first thing this morning and I could just tell by the sound of things that there would be a bit of a mess to clean up on the floor.  Sometimes, little boys just have a hard time controlling where the stream goes and little boys with Down Syndrome have an even harder time of it.  TMI?!

I was sitting on the stairs by the bathroom and looked up just as Carson closed the bathroom door because you know, he likes to have his privacy.  He does this every morning.  I was a little curious why he needed his privacy since he was already finished so I opened the door and peeked in to see what he was up to.  There he was, my responsible little boy, doing his best to wipe up his mess off the floor with the clean hand towel and at that moment it just kind of hit me what he has been doing most mornings.  He has been cleaning up his mess with the hand towel and then hanging it back up so that the next person that uses the bathroom will have a nice, freshly hung hand towel to dry their clean hands on.

When everyone got back from church, I told my family...all of whom use that bathroom and wash their hands quite frequently...what I had discovered that morning.  They all had the same response (in unison, I might add)...."EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!  I've dried my hands on those towels!!"  For some reason they have all been going in the kitchen to dry their hands today. 

Maybe I should put some Cheerios in the toilet and have Carson do some target practice.

1 comment:

zippityzerns said...

No shame in target practice. LOL