Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Real Men Kiss Their Mom

Carson's off to Panther Camp today.  It's a special day for the incoming 6th graders.  I'm not sure what's special about it or what they actually do because moms are NOT INVITED but Carson was excited to go.  Mainly because he's hoping to see his favorite girl (besides his mom, of course) Ari.  She's an older woman...13...who is a year ahead of him in school.  They were parted for the last school year but ever since he toured the middle school back in May and saw her again, she is all we have heard about.

Next time you see him, ask him who is best friend is.  He will dreamily say "ARI..."  {when he says her name, butterflies and fairies fly around and sparkles glitter the air}  Sorry...I'm a girl so I only know how girls dream about their love and it's always with sparkles, butterflies and fairies.  If you are a boy reading this, feel free to set me straight.

Where were we?  Oh...Panther Camp!!  I was given instructions to drop him off at the front office a little before 8am.  We got to the school at 7:55 and all of my nightmares of school mornings came rushing back to me when I saw the massive amount of cars.  I hate car line!!  Thank goodness for school buses that come to my house.  One of the many perks of having a special needs kiddo in your family.

We parked the car and I went for Carson's hand as we crossed the street.  I felt my hand being pushed away and a "NO MOM!!"  "What?!  You don't want to hold my hand?!"  I told him he didn't have to hold my hand while we were in the grass but once we were crossing the street he had to hold my hand.  I used my firm voice so he wouldn't argue.  He begrudgingly held my hand while we were crossing but as soon as he saw the sidewalk he let go.  Don't worry...I managed to hold back the tears.

We met his teacher in the front office and she said "Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out!!"  No, I'm kidding...she didn't really say that but her actions and body language were implying that it was time for me to cut the apron strings so I told Carson goodbye and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

Duh.duh.duh.......

The teacher looked at me and said "Mom...he's in middle school now!  We don't kiss our moms in middle school!!"

You who know me well know that I HATE getting in trouble and I'm a little scared of middle school teachers (well, really, anyone who has any sort of authority).

So....being the dork that I am, I apologized to the teacher and Carson for KISSING MY SON(!!) and turned around to leave the office.

Carson, with the sweetest voice a mom could ever hear said "Bye Mom!!!" and walked over and gave me a big sloppy kiss on the lips!

HA! HA!

Whoever said that middle school kids don't kiss their mom have never met MY kid.

I am totally going to kiss him every single morning of his middle school career!  Hopefully, the kids on the bus won't tell on me!

2 comments:

4 Little Blue Birds said...

Oh my word I love this!

Judy B. said...

Yay Mom! Keep on kissing!!!