Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This Little Piggy Went To Market

My name is Shanon and I am a worry wart. I started worrying about things when I was about 18 months old and never looked back. It's a gift...okay maybe not. My husband does not worry. When I start to worry he quotes this scripture. "God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind." He even posted it up on our bathroom mirror once. It was there for over a year. It's very annoying. I have to do all the worrying in our family. Let's just say I do not have a sound mind.

Last week while I was in Florida I heard about the swine flu in Mexico. Do you know how close Mexico is to Texas? Right next door!! I decided it is time to get our 1 month supply of food so I tried to make a list of what we eat for dinner. My mind went blank. I could only think of about 14 days. Then it dawned on me that we eat breakfast and lunch too...and snacks. I have to come up with 1 month of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks?!? Then I remembered the water. One month supply of water. Where am I going to put that much water?

So yeah. I am starting to freak out a bit. I have been obsessively checking the internet to see where it has spread. Yes, it is now here in Texas. It's time to take action. I think we will hunker down, lock our windows and doors, stay home from school and work, wear our masks...oh no, we don't have masks either. My husband's office still expects him to be at work and the school district has not cancelled school yet! Don't they know we are in the middle of a pandemic?!?

Yeah, I'm starting to freak out alot. I think maybe I'll just go back to bed. If I ignore it maybe it will go away. I'll just comfort myself with chocolate. Oh yes! I am prepared! I always have a year's supply of chocolate. My stake president will be so proud!

3 comments:

chelon:) said...

seriously...you crack me up! i now know where i need to go for my chocolate fix...my house is severely lacking in that area of food storage!! steve keeps saying everytime he coughs that he has swine flu! cracks me up even more after i read your post. i loved it!

Tammy said...

Oh Shannon.... Don't you worry... If anyone is going to catch the Swine Flu it will be my family. Seeing how my husband works everyday with people that travel to and from Mexico all the time..... So your safe. As soon as someone in my family gets it then you can worry. Other then that I promise your GOOD. Oh and you so make me laugh...

Kristi said...

You're not alone Shannon, I am over here worrying too : ) I know a great place to get cheap water barrels if you want some!