Thursday, August 27, 2009

Awwwww....you missed me!

Well, Jeannie missed me anyway. It feels so good to be missed. I didn't think anyone ever missed me. Thanks Jeannie. Yes...I have been feeling sorry for myself lately. Poor me, I have no friends.

Okay...enough of the sappy stuff. Where have I been? I have been at home making a giant mess while decorating my house and driving myself crazy. It all started when my friend Paula came into town. We were supposed to have a quiet weekend away from home...a girl's weekend away. Then we got this half-baked idea to go out shopping for stuff to decorate my home. It was lots of fun, we spent way too much money, and then I sort of lost my mind. She got bad news from home and had to leave a day early which gave us less time to actually put the stuff in the house. I am such a good friend! Instead of being there for her in her hour of need, all I could think of was wait, you can't leave, you have to decorate my home! We got lots done but didn't get finished. That left me to finish...{cue scary music!}

I have been working on it for a week. Has it been only a week? It feels like forever. I have been looking for the perfect ottoman. I found the perfect one at Restoration Hardware for only $1100. Ack! Needless to say, as patient as he has been all through this, Gary said heck no! He's so unreasonable! Sheesh! So, I have been searching the internet and stores all hours of the day and night. I found one at a furniture consignment shop and thought it would work. So I brought it home, moved it into the house and thought it was a little too tall. I got the brillant idea to take the legs off and it was perfect! I was so happy. Then Gary came home and he was less than excited about it. The room had clutter in it from the mess I had made and he couldn't see it. So then I sent a picture to my friend and she thought it was so so. She wasn't crazy about the color, thought it was too beige.

Later that night, as I sat in my chair unresponsive to outside stimulus, Gary could see I was about to crack. He took matters into his own hands and called a decorator and asked if she could come over stat because his wife was slowly losing her mind. I love my husband...he could see I was slowly headed to lala land and so he called a decorator. What a man! She came over today. I love what she did. She even gave me compliments on the things that I had bought...on...my...own! I have enough stuff to decorate five homes but have never used and she used a lot of it. What a relief!

Anyway... here are the pictures. I wish I had before pictures but I forgot to do that. What do you think?



My family room with the main focus being the fireplace instead of the TV. Carson thinks the main focus should be the TV though. That is his permanent spot.


Another view of the family room. Look, Carson is still in the same spot!


My wonderful fireplace. Don't you just love it?



This is the living room. I still have a few things to do in here, but it is such an improvement over what it was!

So, now I want people over so I am having a open house/come tell me what you think luncheon on Wednesday, Sept. 16th at 11:00 am. Please say you'll come (and that you'll bring some luncheon item to share). I know that is tacky, but if I try to do all the food by myself I'll crack. Let me know if you can come. It will be fun...there might even be chocolate!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

LOVE IT!! I'll will have to come by next week and admire it!! I am soooo glad your back to your blogging self.. Love ya!

Stephanie T said...

I'm totally there! I am decorating impaired and your home looks lovely, I could use some ideas.

Beth said...

If I drive 24 hours to get there, could I stay the night?

Shanon said...

Beth, You can stay as long as you want.

Corbett Family said...

I'll be there. I have all the boys in school at that time so it will be me and the baby. I'll have to leave by about 11:35, though. Can't wait to see the decorating in person. I had to call a decorator to help me, too. I completely understand.

chelon:) said...

sounds fun! i should be there :) are you going to send out an email reminder?? i really need one of those!! love the new look of the home.

Sarah said...

I wish I could have come!