Monday, August 10, 2009

I Tried Jumping Into Life...

I suggested that everyone should jump into life and enjoy it. I tried to follow my own advice when we were at the beach, but I've decided I am just plain old dull and boring. I tell myself every year that this will be the year that I spend every day frolicking on the beach (okay, I never frolic) but I will atleast go to the beach...in my bathing suit...and actually go into the water (shudder). I never do it and I am then mad at myself until the next year when I look out towards the beach, stick my foot out the door to see how hot it is (usually blazing), and decide that the best place to be is in the house with A/C, eating all the junk food. I then decide that maybe tomorrow I will put on a bathing suit. Probably not though because...well, it just ain't pretty. Then the cycle starts over and I am mad at myself for yet another year!

I did manage to go out of the house one day for our annual family picture. We took a very nice picture except I had to kneel down in the sand and water because Carson was freaking out (I know there he is looking like an angel). We took pictures with all of us wearing the Lori Udy's (my sister) 5K run/walk t-shirt.

After the whole family picture we took our little family picture. It only took 7 tries to get two good (good for us) pictures:


Then we decided to do the jumping pictures. Let me just say that Lori made it look so easy, but jumping is not an easy thing to do and...well, just take a look:

Boys Jumping...Take 1


Boys Jumping...Take 2


Boys Jumping...Take 3


Boys Jumping...Take 4

and we have a winner!!!

Girls Jumping...Take 1

and we have a winner!!!


Dad, Mom, and Carson Jumping: Take 1

Dad, Mom and Carson Jumping: Take 2

Dad, Mom, and Carson Jumping: Take 3

This was when we decided we are just too old for this stuff. Do you see me trying to lift my body off the steps? It's hard work...so hard that the only way Gary could do it was sticking out his tongue. The first jump we didn't get Carson far enough up and he scratched his foot on the steps. The second jump I am really trying to jump high and Gary missed the "jump" part of ready, set, jump by a split second. The third jump we jumped so fast we were a blur (ha!) Then Chris and Emily stepped in to help their old mom and dad out. Chris was so busy trying to help Carson that he forgot to jump, but look at the pure joy on Carson's face. He knows how to jump into life and enjoy.

The moral of the story? Enjoy life, but do it the way you enjoy doing it, not the way someone else enjoys it.

The End

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Seriously I have tears in my eyes. What a great reminder to me that it doesn't matter how you jump into life as long as your at least trying.
Carsons face jumping with the kids Now thats what I call Jumping into life embracing it and loving it.