Friday, August 28, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Ahhh...all is right in my world again. My kiddos are back in school and my house is now returning to a quiet and peaceful retreat for mom (well for a few hours anyway). The first week of school has gone well. We only lost one child, missed one breakfast (and lunch, because someone in the family was being very slow) and only waited in car line for 1 hour the first day of school. I think that's a pretty impressive way to start off the year!

Here's the first day of school picture. I had to get them in stages.

Carson was very excited to ride the bus and see all of his friends at school. He had a very great day and enjoyed every minute.


Emily and Carson on the first day of school. Emily had a great day and likes her teachers. One of her teachers is her friends mom. That was very exciting for her.


The big kids Chris, Jared, and Kinsey. They all had a great first day also. They like their teachers and seem to be excited (as excited as a kid can get) about school this year. This is Kinsey's first year of high school and seminary. She loves dance, art, and french class. Jared is trying out for the football team ( I have already worried about him breaking his neck and being in a wheel chair for the rest of his life). This is Chris' last year of high school (I can't believe I am old enough to have a senior). He is hoping to get his driver's license and eagle project done. Right now he is enjoying marching band season and Friday night football.

Shhh...can I tell you a secret? It is awfully quiet around here and I do enjoy it, but sometimes I miss not having them around. I fill my time with things to do around the house. My goal is to have the house put together, organized and decorated by the end of 2009. I want to start the new decade with a clean slate. What do you think...is it possible?

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I think it's VERY possible!!! I can't wait to see it all :)

I'm glad you are blogging again!!!
~Jeannie