Monday, March 16, 2015

Rico Suave, Jr.

I don't want to forget this story and I have the worst memory ever so I am recording it here.  I really wish that I had taken video of it.

Carson and I were hanging out at church last night after our youth fireside.  I was talking with friends and he was in the gym shooting baskets (the basketball kind, not the Easter bunny kind because that would be a totally inappropriate activity to do, especially in church).  I went to find him because it was time to go home.

As soon as I walked into the gym, he looked at me and screamed "NO MOMMY....GO AWAY!!!!"  {He really does love me...he just doesn't like it when I interrupt his basketball playing}  So, I turned around and walked to the door but I didn't leave.  

There he was, trying desperately to get his ball into the basketball hoop but what was so funny was that there were about 10 of the youth standing around watching him.  Every time he shot the ball, they would cheer and right before my very eyes he turned into Rico Suave.

He was flirting with the girls, he handed over his jacket to Brandon (one of the older boys), he kept walking over and giving Kate (one of the cutest girls at church) a high five, he was STRUTTING AROUND LIKE A PEACOCK! He did everything but sign autographs (that would have been tacky) and he hadn't even made a basket!!!  

Still...they stood and cheered him on.  

Then the funniest thing happen, I saw it with my very own eyes, every time he would go to bend his knees in preparation to shoot the ball, everyone in the gym was bending THEIR knees, like that would help.  Finally, I said "Okay, Carson, one more time and then we have to go home." (I was hungry!!)

He dribbled the ball a few times, he looked at Kate to make sure she was watching, the room went silent, he dribbled a couple more times, he bent his knees, everyone in the gym bent their knees and he launched the ball into the air.  It hit the rim and then fell in the basket.  

Everyone in the room cheered!!!  

He put his head down all humble like, gave Kate another high five and then strutted out of the gym as they all cheered and said "bye Carson!!!"  He strutted all the way out to the car (he paused to get a drink at the water fountain because, even famous basketball stars need water every once in a while).  He walked through a group of men and one of them tried to give him a fist pump but Carson tricked him and dodged the pump right at the last second.  He (the man) was, of course, devastated!  

Then Carson and I walked to the car and he let me chauffeur him home.

It was the cutest thing I have ever seen!!

Why didn't I video it?!!!

No comments: