Thursday, July 2, 2009

Socially Unacceptable

I am a social outcast. I can dress myself up, but I can't take myself anywhere. Last night I went out with friends (that's right...I have friends...yay) to celebrate Chelon's birthday. My friend Cathey came with me and I think everyone had to come up and introduce themselves to her because I didn't think to do it. The other night I went to introduce her to a member of our Bishopric, I told him her name and then said "and this is.......somebody?" How lame is that? He said "I'm her best friend Brother James." Yeah, I knew that, I was just testing him.

We had a fun night. I laughed at things (some I didn't get...I know, sad). We discussed my insomnia in detail. They gave suggestions. We discussed book club. I think I might go next month. Maybe I will even have a comment about the book that night. Tammy thinks I can't stay out so late, but I managed to stay out until midnight last night. I know, impressive. Right?!?

A few things I learned...I was the oldest person there (how did that happen...I used to be the youngest), my bra size is smaller than most (I know better than to complain about that), melatonin is the thing to take for insomnia, and the best doctor in town is Dr. Spelling. Spandex is the best thing to wear when you are going to the Cheesecake Factory. Oh, and you should eat all of your cheesecake before you get home because at least 1 person will be waiting up ready to pounce. You are probably not the only one in your family that likes cheesecake.

It was a fun night. Thank you to my friends for inviting me. I think I managed to make it through the night without offending anyone. Maybe I'm not a complete social outcast...just don't expect me to introduce you to anyone I bring with me. I just don't remember things like that. Oh...and if I give you a blank stare, you might want to explain the joke to me. I kind of live a sheltered life.

Happy Birthday, Chelon! I hope you have a great day.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Well I hate to burst your bubble but I was totally offended!!!

HAHAHA Ya right! Me offended. Your more like you counldn't offend anyone if you tried. SERIOSLY!!! It was fun and so glad you came.
Ummm and looks like you've commited to book club. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

chelon:) said...

thanks shanon! we had a great time last night. you totally crack me up :) i am sure we will be seeing a lot more of cathey too! you shouldn't feel too old anyway...we all act a little bit immature when we get together...so the way i see it, we are all the same age in spirit! cya a book club ;) xoxo

Corbett Family said...

I'm commenting on this post instead of the one above, because I meant to before and didn't. Anyway, it was fun hanging out with you the other night. We need to do that more! I have crazy dreams too, but they are usually too close to reality that I wake and go "whew, glad that was just a dream." Oh, and thanks for holding Janalynn and putting her to sleep yesterday. That was great!