Tuesday, July 7, 2009

That's Soooo Random

I changed my blog background. I was bored with the first one and the last one reminded me of pepto bismol...too much pink.

Thank you to all the nice comments...even the crazy ones! If I am going crazy, it's because it's summer vacation and all I've heard in the house is Spongebob, Ferb, I Carly, Arthur tv shows and the always favorite "what...I shot that guy, this game is so cheap!" Carson is trying to set the new world record in the say momeeee category and someone else is trying to set the world record in making their sister tell on them. Summer is so fun. When are they going to start year-round school here?

I had another dream (I don't dream that often). This time someone was screaming so loud it woke me up. Turns out it wasn't a dream...it was my children. Don't they know that screaming before 8 am is not allowed?!!! This was after I got up at 6:00 so I could get in the shower before Gary to get ready for an early doctor's appointment that isn't until tomorrow (I hate it when I do that!) Gary decided to look at the positive side and say "you got ready really early". Yes, I always appreciate his positive attitude early in the morning!

Everyone went to the library today with friends. Carson and I stayed home. Carson doesn't like to stay home and started crying so I decided to distract him with a craft. We cut up little pieces of yellow, brown, blue, green, and red paper and then glued them to a Spongebob picture. He had lots of fun cutting paper and gluing. I've decided that I am too much of a perfectionist even when it comes to kids crafts. He kept getting mad at me for taking his pieces of paper off and moving them so that they would be inside the lines. I know, I know...bad mother!!


isn't it cute...look he even wrote his name

I was invited to go to Girl's Night Out at Dell Diamond. I hadn't replied yet, so I did today. I said "no". Everyone else was giving a reason so I did too. My choices were to lie and say I was busy or to tell the truth: (a)I don't like baseball, (b) it's too hot, (c)Dell Diamond isn't air-conditioned, or (d) all of the above. I chose c. Afterall, this is Texas and it is summer...shouldn't they have put cold air in the place?!!! I should have chosen d though because that would have been the more honest answer!

I took Jared to swimming camp today. We have a rule that you can't sit in the front seat of the car until you turn 12. He is 12 so now he's old enough. He decided to play "banana" today while we were driving, which means that every time you see a yellow car you say "banana" and tap (or hit in his case) someone. Emily was also in the car because I was taking her to a friend's house. She was his first victim and I told him to stop after he "tapped" her. Then she got out of the car and I was his second victim. I told him if he didn't stop I was going to make him walk to Cedar Park. Yeah...he knows I won't! I think I might change the age to 14!

I may have a bit of a negative attitude. I should probably go eat some chocolate except I don't have any. I just called Gary and asked him to bring some home. He asked what kind. I said every kind. I can tell that my goal to cut back on sugar and chocolate is not going to happen until after summer vacation. Only 48 more days!

he's so good to me...especially when I want chocolate!

2 comments:

sweetnsourcottoncandy said...

mom i love your new blog background. it is loverely and beautamous. i love your ( i mean carsons) spongebob picture:)
thanks for letting kristen come to texas in august... i love you
kinsey

Erin Cummings said...

You're such a good mom to do fun things with and for your kids like that. My poor kids ask to go somewhere or invite someone over and I just say "No!" I guess I should be nicer to them so that someday when mine are old enough to comment on my blog that they'll leave nice comments like Kinsey did for you, so sweet!