Saturday, May 16, 2009

Is He Hot...Or Not?

A recent conversation at our house.

Kinsey: "Mom do you want to come hear my new favorite song?"
Me: "I can't right now, I have to go get ready for my hot date."
Kinsey: "Mommm...I don't think Dad would be considered hot."
Me: "Really...you don't think your dad is hot?"
Kinsey: "Well, no. You know in those magazines where they say is he hot or not...Brad Pitt would be hot, Dad would be not."
So, we decided to take a poll.
Me: "Carson, do you think Dad's hot?"
Carson: "Yeah."
Me: "Emily, do you think Dad's hot?"
Emily: "No mom."
Me: "Jared, do you think Dad's hot?"
Jared: "Mommm...ewww. What the heck? No!"
Me: "Chris, do you think Dad's hot?"
Chris: takes earphones out of ears and says "huh?"
Me: "Do you think Dad's hot?"
Chris: Rolls his eyes and turns back to the computer.
Me: Hum...I wonder if that meant no.

Poll results? 1 Hot 4 Nots.

Then Carson fans himself and says "hot". Maybe his vote doesn't count because he didn't know what we were talking about.

So...0 Hot 4 Not 1 Yes, it is hot in here.

As for me...I'm not sure "hot" would be the way I would describe him. I agree with Carson. Yes, it is hot in here. Gary was once told he looked like Kevin Costner only older, shorter, fatter, and balder. That's just not nice!

Nice looking older man? Yes...that's it! Happy 18th Anniversary to my not-so-hot-but-nice-looking-older-man husband. I'm looking forward to lots more years with you. You, on the other hand, might be saying "What was I thinking?"

For the record, Kinsey says she did not say Brad Pitt was hot. She doesn't even know who he is or what he looks like. She said that is what the magazines say.

Our anniversary celebration:

This is Gary and I on our "hot date". Boy we sure look a lot older now than we did in our wedding picture. We had a fun date. We went out to dinner at Ruth Chris Steak House. It was good but, wow, quite a bit pricey! Gary had been given a gift card, so it was better than it would have been if we had paid with our own money. While everyone there was talking about business mergers and drinking their expensive wines and such, we were discussing where we could hide the fruit we buy so the kids don't inhale it all in 2 seconds. I know...important stuff. Bananas versus business mergers! I felt like everyone was thinking get outta this town with your minivan! The doorman even did a double take after he shut the door in my face and then realized we were coming in. Haha! All is right with the world though, because I actually perfer Logan's. I like being able to throw my peanut shells on the floor...makes me feel at home. Sad, I know. Fun times...my wish is for many more fun times with my hot hubby:)!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

You are so FUNNY!!! Seriously you really make me laugh!! You should write a book. The title should be
"Random thoughts by a Random person"
or "Hey! I'm the Lady stuck in the house with all those kids"
I think I like the last one better.
HAHAHAHHAHA

Unknown said...

Happy Aniversary!! Here's to you guys making the Top 10 hottest couples! :)

Unknown said...

And I always thought that my family loved me because I was so hot ;-)