Friday, May 8, 2009

Sometimes I Feel Like A Nut

Yesterday, I decided to go out and do a little shopping therapy. While I still prefer the chocolate therapy, I have discovered that it's not good for the waistline so it was either shopping or exercise. I'm sure Gary would have preferred that I exercise so I didn't ask his opinion.

I went out to the Round Rock Outlet mall so that I could get some things for Carson at Carter's. I love Carter's clothes and will be so sad when he goes into a size 8 and can't wear their clothes anymore. I decided to walk down to the Gap and see what they have. I usually think they are overpriced, but sometimes I find some things that don't make me gasp when I look at the price. I found these cute skirts for $6.99 each. They had them in white, navy, and aqua. I decided to try them on. They were so comfy and cute, but there was something strange about the waistline....it went up kind of funny in the front and had a very long tie up thing. I decided that for the price though I could change it a bit with my sewing machine. Three cute skirts for a bargain. The girl at the register even thought I'd gotten a great deal. As she was ringing them up, I glanced at the screen to make sure thay were coming up at the right price. It said tiered-DRESS! Ohhhh...that's why it was so weird in the front! It's a dress and you are supposed to pull it all the way up to your chest and tie it around your neck!! Now it makes sense!! Oh well, if any of you are in the market for a cute, comfy dress they have them for $6.99 at the Gap. I personally am going to turn them into skirts. If you would like to see what they are supposed to look like you can go to http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=36287&vid=1&pid=635726. Look what a bargain I got! At a certain age I think you should stop wearing dresses that far above the knee and I have reached that age. Also chocolate therapy is not so good for the legs, or the arms, or the face...

Anyone up for exercise therapy next week? A walk maybe? Anyone?

2 comments:

Ralphie said...

Shannon, you're so awesome I'll take you with or without your van!

chelon:) said...

i love it! i am always up for a walk :)