Sunday, June 7, 2009

HISMSV - Days 3 and 4

Do you count the weekend as part of summer vacation? I'm not sure....it's part of the summer, but it's not really vacation because then it would be vacation from the weekend so the kids should go to school. Right?!! You like how I think, don't you?

So anyway....if you do count it as summer vacation, this is what I did:

Day 3
  • Got up at 5:30 am, not the 2:30 that I predicted (yay!), but still way too early for a Sat. (boo!)
  • Cleaned the kitchen - are you noticing a pattern? maybe if I cleaned the kitchen at night I would be able to sleep in.
  • I did some laundry - yes, we are doing laundry all the time around here. It is NEVER caught up.
  • I helped Emily make cookies for the daddy/daughter activity. They were chocolate chip and the cookie dough was delicious.
  • I cleaned Carson's room and then kicked him out of his room so I could turn it into a scrapbook/craft/sewing/computer/homework room.
  • Moved Carson's stuff to the learning center. It is soooooo cute. It's like his own little dorm room. He loves it! We hung curtains up at the entry so he can have privacy, or not, whichever he chooses.
  • Picked Chris up from SAT test.
  • Went to Home Depot with Gary to get supplies to make Carson a small desk and book rack. Gary finished the desk and now has a new project to do. Poor man will never finish his to-do list because his wife has OCD and ADD tendencies.
  • Helped Gary make the desk.
  • Went to bed, couldn't sleep, got up, read a book, fell asleep on the couch.

Day 4

  • Woke up way to early (what is wrong with me, I used to sleep so well)?
  • Got ready for church.
  • We were late because I was asked at the last minute to teach Carson's class (it couldn't be helped...children never get sick early enough for good planning).
  • About 15 minutes into the meeting Carson wet his pants (and not with the sacrament water).
  • Took Carson to the bathroom, took off his wet clothes, and told him to stay there while I went to get a diaper or underwear.
  • Ran out to the car, found a diaper, and ran back inside.
  • Carson did not stay in the bathroom...he was standing in the foyer naked from the waist down (except white socks and sandals...yes, he is a fashion victim).
  • I didn't have extra pants, just a diaper so I took him back to the meeting with church shirt, sandals, white socks, and diaper...I expect babyGap to call any day now.
  • Decided the best thing to do was go home after sacrament meeting.
  • Found someone to substitute Carson's class for me (I was substituting for someone who was substituting for the regular teacher...got that?).
  • Went and visited with our friend Vilate...she hit us both in the head which I'm sure is her way of saying "I love you :-)"
  • Went home.
  • Wanted to take a nap but I can't seem to sit still long enough. One day I'll just drop off to sleep, right?!!

That's my summer vacation...weekend edition. If something exciting...like Carson sneaking out to the pool that still has poop water from yesterday and playing in it...happens, I'll let you know.

No comments: