Monday, June 15, 2009

Sabbath Day Bliss

Yesterday I woke up very early (2 am). Needless to say, that does not make for a very energetic and cheerful mom. At 7 am I tried to lovingly wake everyone up for church. After about 5 minutes of love I screamed at my 12 year old to get out of bed right now and get ready for church!!!!! At 7:15 am Carson came down the stairs with poop dropping out of his pajama pants with each step. At 7:20 am I was bathing Carson and getting him ready for church. At 7:30 am I was hooking up the carpet cleaner to clean all the steps with poop on them. At 7:35 am I was listening to Emily scream because Jared was sitting on top of her feet. At 7:36 am I was screaming at Jared to get ready for church this instant or ELSE!!!!!!!!! At 7:40 am I went in to get ready for church (luckily I had a shower the night before). At 7:45 am I realized that my hair was not going to do a thing unless I got it wet. At 7:50 am I was bent over the bathtub with my bum in the air trying to get my hair under the faucet to get it wet. At 7:55 am I blow dry my hair. At 8 am I put on the second skirt and third shirt of the day because I have outgrown all my clothes (that chocolate is not doing a thing for my waistline except expanding it). At 8:05 am I put my makeup on (I know you're surprised I wear makeup, you probably thought I just had natural beauty. Ha!*) At 8:10 am I find my shoes and get the church bag ready to go. At 8:15 I tell everyone it's time to go. At 8:20 I tell everyone to come on, it's time to go. Jared comes down with one shoe, but can't find the other one. AHHHHHHH!!!!! At 8:25 am we finally leave. At 8:26 am Emily is upset because Jared is in her space. At 8:27 am Carson is screaming because Jared is bothering him. At 8:27 am I am screaming at Jared to leave everyone alone. We finally have a bit of peace (a very small bit). At 8:55 am we arrive at church. Gary (who left at 7:10 am for a meeting) is sitting there all smiles and asks how my morning was and if the poop came out of the carpet. At 9:05 am I resist the urge to smack my husband in front of the bishopric. At 9:10 am I tell my husband I am leaving after sacrament meeting. At 9:15 I leave the meeting to take Carson to the bathroom (he loves the echo in the family bathroom). At 9:20 am Jared comes and sits beside me after passing the sacrament. At 9:25 Jared wants a piece of paper and a pencil. At 9:30, 9:35, 9:40, 9:45, 9:50, 9:55, and 10:00 Jared either wants something or pokes me. At 10:05 I resist the urge to smack my 12 year old in front of the bishopric. At 10:10 I took Carson to primary but his teacher wasn't there so I took him home with me. At 10:40 am I come home to a very messy kitchen. The rest of the day is kind of a blur...more of the same. I went to bed at 9:00 pm. I was very tired. I woke up at 2:00 am this morning. I guess today will be more of the same......a blur. Oh, and the bishopric won't be here so there may be some smacking!

*or you are thinking...she puts make up on and still looks like THAT?!!!

3 comments:

Erin Cummings said...

Shanon, you make me laugh. My day has been similar to yours yesterday, today. Everything down to the poop. It's sad, but I am very glad I don't suffer alone! I am going to lock the kids in their car seats, put a movie on for them, and go drown my sorrows with a Whataburger, fries, an extra large coke, and heck I may even get a deep fried pie!

Jeannie said...

Gotta love Sundays :) Hope today was better!

chelon:) said...

i would have turned around and smacked my 12 year old too...you should see the glares i give him in sacrament!