Friday, June 19, 2009

I Wonder...

Yesterday I bought a mop...The Libman Wonder Mop. As I was using it this morning I wondered why they call it the Wonder Mop. It's not like it's wonderful. It's a mop for heaven's sake. Then I wondered what kind of mop other people use. I've used all sorts of mops...the Swiffer WetJet (yuk), the Hoover Floor Mate (wasn't crazy about it), the sponge mops (awful), and the hands-and-knees method of mopping (I know the floor is clean). I must admit, I hate mopping. Then I wondered if other people liked to mop. You know like some people love to fold laundry, some people love to mow the yard, and some people like to do dishes.

As I finished mopping the entire downstairs, the lightbulb went on. I know why it's called the Wonder Mop. It makes you wonder while you mop. I wonder what mop is your favorite? My favorite is the one that the cleaning lady is holding. You know...that person you pay money to come to your house, clean it, and when they leave it smells good...for about 5 minutes if you're lucky.

If you're wondering...the Wonder Mop is okay. It was better after I figured out that you have to turn the thing at the bottom to get the excess water out. Before that, I wondered why they had a wringer on the mop if it didn't wring out the water. It was just a big wet mess on my floor. I guess if all else fails, read the instructions... or hire a maid. I wonder if my husband would mind?

3 comments:

chelon:) said...

we are a "schmop" family. they work great :) but because my hubby chose to have tile throughout the main floor, he mops!

Erin Cummings said...

I use a string mop that I got at the Janitorial supply along with the OdoBan Commercial 35 Quart Mop Bucket and Wringer. I love it. I even leave it out while it dries because it has the handy "Caution! Wet Floor!" sign on the side, and because I am such an awesome mom, sometimes I even turn it around so that my kids can have a spanish lesson "Cuidado! Piso Mojado" Hehehe.

A Slice of Pratt Life said...

I hate mopping, too! In fact, I don't do it nearly as often as I should since I hate it so much! I can handle the bathroom floors, but the kitchen floor---too much tile!