Friday, June 19, 2009

We Will Love Him And Call Him George

This cute cat showed up on our doorstep one morning. It was very friendly and gentle. The kids were very excited and ran out to pet the cat we named "George". George liked to run into the house every time we opened the door. Then the kids would chase him and Carson would scream (he doesn't like anything that is furry and moves.) We put him back outside and figured he'd be gone soon. The next time we opened the door the same thing happened. The kids were beginning to think the cat was their pet. The only problem with the solution of adopting the cat is that Gary is allergic to cats. That is one of the big tragedies in Kinsey's life...her dad is allergic to cats. In fact, on her list of qualities in a husband, "can't be allergic to cats or is willing to take Zyrtec" is at the top of her list.

After a few days of the cat running in, Gary got annoyed and threw the cat off the porch (not in a cruel way) and yelled at the cat to go away. The kids were very upset with him. He got this email later on in the day:

Hi Mr. Man-who-threw-me-off-the-porch,

Shanon let me in and gave me a nice warm bowl of milk. I am now laying down for a nap in your bed on your pillow. Meow! Thank you for your hospitality. Your family loves me, hugs me, squeezes me and calls me...

George the Cat

As you can imagine, Gary was very afraid I had gone off my rocker and had really let the cat in the house. This is his response:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH………………My pillow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! …………..AAAAAAAAAAAAAaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

To which George replied:

oh...and I am using your slippers for a litter box so be careful what you put your feet in!!!

Meow! George

I'm not sure why Gary wonders if his wife is evil.

We had just about convinced Gary to let us keep him when the cat took off for greener pasture (or someone who would feed him and let him come inside). We really miss him. He gave us lots of excitement and a little bit of screaming for a few days. Just what we need around here.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

That's one of the many reasons why Blackie has lived on our front porch for 3+ years - I have horrible allergies to cats (and Trevor can't have them around b/c of his asthma)... but.. if you do want something furry and even friendlier (with no kitty litter box!) :), we found that mini schnauzers have no allergens so that's been fun to have - plus bonus chores would be cleaning up dog poo for your big kids :) :) :)