Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Of Course I Rotate The Tires...How Do You Think I Got Here?

Recently my parents were on a cross-country trip when the car's maintenance light came on. My dad insisted on going to the nearest Honda dealership. Was there anything wrong with the car? Nope, it was just time for the oil to be changed.

I was reminded of this today as I was driving my car that is desperately in need of an oil change. My car starts off by gently reminding me that it is time. "Excuse me, when you have the time I could use some clean oil and maybe a new filter. No hurry, though, just whenever you get to it." The maintenance light comes on as I am starting the car and stays on a few seconds longer than normal. If I ignore it, the light will start blinking after I start the car. "I don't mean to be a bother, but I could really use an oil change. It's been 4 months and the oil is starting to look like a bad cup of coffee." This is when the car has just had enough. "Okay, fine. If you are going to ignore me then I will start to break one piece at a time." The maintenance light stays on...like it's yelling at me. Then the automatic door quits working and the locks only work sometimes. I should probably take care of it at this point. If I don't, the hatchback might fall on my head as I'm loading the groceries. Not that I know this from experience or anything.

I guess it's time for me to visit Jiffy Lube....and maybe take a couple of Ibuprofen.

Update: Gary replaced the things in the hatchback. Yay...no more loading with one hand while holding with the other. Just so Gary would know that the car still needed an oil change...the hatchback fell on his head while he was fixing it. He might need a couple of Ibuprofen, too. This car sure is touchy!

No comments: