Monday, June 15, 2009

No Smackdown Today

The kids were very good today. Jared mowed the yard and tried very hard to resist the urge to bother anyone. Emily did all of her chores and came home with a wonderful watercolor painting she did in art. Carson was Mister Crankypants, but he's so cute when he's cranky. He played in the pool and went to the park with his daddy. Everyone (including Gary) enjoyed Carson's new toy...a wooden toolbox with tools and screws. We had a friend over for Emily, Jared went to his swim camp and is getting better at the breaststroke, and I shredded four bags of old papers. I'm averaging about 4-5 hours of sleep a night, but still getting more done than I have the last 2 years that I have been here in Texas. I'm hoping the sandman comes soon and puts an extra dose of sleepy sand over me so I can sleep tonight. It was a good day, though. A "no smacking" day is a good day! I love my kiddos!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Glad you had such a wonderful day... See good things do happen!!