Saturday, June 13, 2009

How To Compromise Or Why I'm A Chocoholic

Another set of emails I never deleted.

Dear Gary, I am patiently waiting for the email from you that tells me your computers are so slow that you are going to come pick up Jared at 9:30, take him to see the doctor, go thru a drive thru to get him some lunch and then take him back to school. I know you are going to do that because you love me so much and you're concerned that I might just end up in the loony bin or the cardiac unit. I'm waiting.......Love, Shanon PS You can even work late and I won't be mad!

Dear Shanon, You can do it, you can do it, you can do it. Just keep repeating to yourself, I can do it and be happy. Love Gary

Dear Gary, I can't hear you...I'm still waiting for the email that tells me what I WANT to hear. Love, Shanon

Dear Shanon, Shouldn’t it be “ I can’t read you, I can't read you”? Thanks, Gary

Dear Gary, Whatever! Pleeeeeeeeeease?!!!!!!!!! (picture pouty lip). Shanon


Dear Shanon, Sadly, our system is actually working this morning. I must stay. Remember, Jared sometimes can be bribed with food. Love, Gary


Dear Gary, Stupid system! Jared isn't the problem (not this time anyway.) I'm imagining brain tumors, horrible cancers, diabetes, the list goes on and on. I'm going to be mad at you, but remember I can be bribed with chocolate. She walks away with a heavy sigh...

Shanon, Remember 2 Timothy 1:7 (Pres. Hinckley’s favorite) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of a love, and of a sound mind. Love, Gary

Gary, Thanks, Humpf! I was given the spirit of worry! I SAID I can be bribed with chocolate!!! Sigh.....

Dear Shanon, Don’t Worry the chocolate will be there tonight! Love, Gary

Luckily, when I went to pick up Jared he was taking a test so I rescheduled the appointment. I scheduled it for a day when Gary could take him...and he still brought chocolate. See how we compromise!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You guys are so so so funny!! I wish we had that great type of communication!! Girl you've got skills! Please share..

Erin Cummings said...

Hahahaha, I love it!