Friday, June 5, 2009

How I Spent My Summer Vacation - Day 2

I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat for this one...so here goes:
  • woke up a 4:30 am (wiiiiide awake)
  • cleaned the kitchen
  • swept and mopped the kitchen floor
  • did two loads of laundry
  • went on the computer for a few minutes
  • woke Gary up at 6 am to go walking with me and he didn't even scream or throw a pillow at me...I know I would have (aren't double standards great!)
  • got Carson "boclate" breakfast drink
  • hauled a mattress and broken wagon out to the curb
  • called the garbage department to find out if I can put a sectional sofa by the curb...the answer is "yes" but only 1 big item a week (it will take me 5 weeks to get rid of the sofa)
  • went to my doctor's appointment...she hinted strongly that I should give up sugar...I can see the headline now "mom of 5 goes crazy after giving up sugar"...maybe summer vacation isn't the best time to do that
  • bought a pattern to make Emily a new nightgown (she liked Kinsey's so much)...ugh...more sewing!
  • learned that Emily can start a fire with a magnifying glass and a leaf and she likes the smell (should I be worried?)

  • learned a new song from Emily

Now the positive:

  • now that I have put the song in your head it will leave mine
  • I went shopping and bought myself something new
  • I enjoyed the walk...it was a great way to start the day with my hubby
  • I made banana bread yesterday so I had some for breakfast
  • I had a shower and fixed my hair
  • Carson is working on his fine motor strength (by squirting a water bottle at me)
  • I don't have to go anywhere else today

I know it's only 2:oo, but that's enough trauma and positive thinking for the day. I think I'll go to bed now. If I have started a new pattern, I'll be awake at 2:30 am tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Please come to my house and fold my laundry, mop my floors, and clean my kitchen!!! If your up at 4:30 again!!. Oh but don't wake me!! I'll leave you a key... HAHAHAHHAHA oh wait I need a new Night gown!!! Could you get on that!

sweetnsourcottoncandy said...

oh sure make the banana bread the day, AFTER i leave, thanks mom, :) as long as there is some after i get back from florida, oh and i can't sneak my m&m's on the trek, they are very serious about what you bring...

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

Wow, your my hero. I think I need to come hang out with you to learn a few things. How do you accomplish so much? It would take me days to do all that.