Friday, June 5, 2009

How I Spent My Summer Vacation - Day 1

  • woke up at 6:30 am
  • finished sewing the pioneer dresses, bonnets, pantaloons, apron and nightgown
  • panicked because I couldn't get the bonnets to work right
  • called my mom and begged her to make the bonnets in exchange for free babysitting
  • She said "yes" I said "wow" she said "when" I said "how about right now"
  • Oh sorry...that's a country song...she just sighed heavily and said yes.
  • helped Kinsey pack for her trip
  • took Kinsey to her friend's house
  • cleaned up the sewing explosion
  • picked Kinsey up from her friend's house
  • took Chris to band practice
  • took Kinsey to airport
  • said "yes Carson?" a million times when he said "mommeeeeeeeee" screechingly
  • heard a lot of "no, momeee, noooooooooooooooo!!!"
  • told Emily she could go to a friend's house (forgot to ask which friend, where she lives, phone #)
  • oops...she called an hour later to let me know she got there safely
  • told Jared he could go to friend's house
  • 5:06 pm Chris comes running down the stairs yelling "mom, you were supposed to take me somewhere at 5 (his eyes say "you idiot mom, you are supposed to remind me!")
  • rush to take him, hoping they haven't left yet
  • Gary comes home takes Carson to Chick-fil-a for some emma-ade
  • I lock the doors really fast because the house is blissfully quiet
  • Emily rings the doorbell 5 minutes later...darn, peace is gone
  • everyone comes home, I fall asleep in the chair
Now...to focus on the positive:
  • Kinsey made it safely to Florida - no hijackers, plane crashes, giant fat men taking up 2 1/2 seats smelling like smoke or b.o. and getting drunk
  • Carson played in our little pool for a very long time...he loves his pool...the best $20 I ever spent
  • I finished the pioneer wardrobe
  • Chris was being taken out to dinner because he memorized all of the scripture mastery scriptures for seminary this year
  • Carson had fun playing in the playland at Chick-fil-a
  • Carson doesn't know that when someone says "he talks funny" to be insulted...he loves them anyway (the someone was 4 and his parents were mortified)
  • Emily got to play at a friend's house
  • Jared got to play at a friend's house
  • I had a nice, hot bubble bath and a few minutes of peace
I can't wait for day 2

No comments: